What is an administrator account?
GreenPrint installation requires an Administrator account in Windows. If you don't have an administrator account, contact your IT department for assistance with this installation.
If you don't have an IT department, you should be able to change your user account in Windows by going to Control Panel → User Accounts → Change account → Change my account type.
NOTE: Uninstall any previous version of GreenPrint from your computer.
How do I uninstall?
To uninstall GreenPrint, go to Start → All Programs → GreenPrint → Uninstall GreenPrint. Restart your computer after uninstall is completed. If you experience any trouble with un-installation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question? See if we have already answered!
What are the compatible operating systems?
- Windows XP SP2, 32-bit & 64-bit
- Win XP requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 - it will be automatically installed
- Windows Vista, 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows 7, 32-bit & 64-bit
What are the compatible applications?
GreenPrint should work with any application from which you can normally print. If you come across a problematic application, please contact email@example.com and provide a detailed description as well as the problem document possibly.
What should I do if I previously received a free copy of GreenPrint Enterprise with my 8860 or 8560 purchase?
If you previously received a free GreenPrint license with your Phaser 8860 or 8560 purchase, please be sure to uninstall and then install the new GreenPrint Xerox® Solid Ink version. Unlike your old GreenPrint license, the new edition can be installed on all of the computers in your organization using your Xerox® Solid Ink device and does not require a license key.
How do I set my default target/output printer for GreenPrint?
To set the Xerox® Solid Ink device that GreenPrint will print to by default, go to Start > Control Panel > Printers & Faxes (or just Printers in Vista), right click on the GreenPrint printer and go to Printing Preferences, then under Target Printer choose the device that you print to the most often with GreenPrint. Hit Apply and OK.
If you have more than one Xerox® Solid Ink device, and you'd like to change the output printer for an individual print job, but don't want to change your default setting, you should do this by going to File > Print within the application you're using (Word, Firefox, etc.). On the print dialog box make sure GreenPrint is selected as the printer, then click on the Properties/Preferences button, and select the target printer there. This setting will only apply for that session within the specific application you're using.
What does the error message "An unexpected error occurred" mean?
This error message is general. To serve you the best solution for the problem, we need a bit more information from you. Please follow the points as mentioned below:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach all the GreenPrint log files (extension with .elr) in your email.
- How to attach a file in an email:
- Click on attach file on your email program.
- Go to the Start menu → My Computer → C → Documents and Settings → All Users → Application Data → GreenPrint → Logs (In Vista: Computer → C → Program Data → GreenPrint → Logs).
- If you are not able to access this folder, it may be hidden by Windows. Change the setting by visiting to Control Panel → Folder Options → View → Hidden Files and Folders → Show hidden files and folders.
- Let us know at what point the error occurred (during/after the preview) and what document you were printing.
- We will get in touch with you within 24 hours. Unless it's over the weekend, then it will be first thing Monday.
Is the GreenPrint for Xerox available in multiple languages?
Yes! Upon installation GreenPrint will auto-detect the language setting of your operating system and will install in the corresponding language. We support the following list of languages as of now:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Latin American)
GreenPrint Xerox® Support
Your email will be addressed within 24 hours if received Monday through Friday (9-5 Pacific Time), and first thing Monday if received over the weekend.
If you're having a problem with your Xerox® Solid Ink device, please visit the Xerox Support website.
If you'd like to upgrade from the GreenPrint Xerox® Solid Ink Edition so that you can use GreenPrint with any printer in your office, Please contact us at email@example.com.